A few weeks ago, I made a decision without thinking. It was one of those moments when you don’t really contemplate your actions until after, and then realize what you’ve done. I barely EVER do this! I am totally a planner, type-A…the girl who makes hundreds of lists and spreadsheets about her vacations months in advance! 🙂
Well, this time I did the exact opposite. At 3pm, I found out I was going to have time off work the following week. At 5pm, I thought about my to-do list. At 5:10pm, I threw my to-do list on the ground (because I couldn’t throw it away..). And at 5:15pm, I bought a ticket to New York City!! CRAZY.
Okay, now I know you’re probably wondering why I was even doing this to begin with. So to make a long story short, my sister was living in NYC all summer, studying at the American Ballet Theatre! We had often joked about me coming to visit…and those thoughts wouldn’t leave me alone! Therefore, I decided to take a huge risk, and buy a ticket, and SURPRISE!! I went to New York City!! My sister was beyond shocked and excited, and we literally had 3 days to plan this weekend getaway of mine! Now remember that this was our first ever trip together – just the two of us – (something we’ve dreamed about since we were little ones in the back seat of our parent’s car!)!
The only thing is…now I’ve caught the travel bug! And I’ve fallen in love with this city. I tend to think of myself as a country girl most of the time, but this trip easily convinced me otherwise. I definitely left a piece of my heart there! I hope you enjoy some of our adventures as much as I did! Never stop exploring!
Now here are 10 adventures that I hope you can use when you go on your trip to the “city that never sleeps!” Enjoy!
2. Washington Square Park
4. Trying hole-in-the-wall restaurants!
5. Greenwich Village
6. Exploring the streets of Brooklyn
7. The NYC skyline at night
8. Quaint Shops and Ice Cream Parlors!
9. Catbird ~ the tiniest, most adorable shop on Bedford Ave in Williamsburg! I forgot to get a photo of it because I was so excited to finally visit after following on Instagram for years!
10. Hillsong Church! ~ it truly felt like coming home…amazing worship, incredible sermon, beautiful people – the perfect end to this whirlwind of a weekend!